CE Accredited Programs
Construction in Healthcare
Critical Thinking Skills
End of Life Care
Operating Room Education
Privacy and Confidentiality
Sedation and Anesthesia Care
Infection Prevention for General Orientation: The Ongoing Challenge
The ultimate training tool for general orientation, this concise program highlights all the infection prevention mandatories in just 17 minutes!!
- 17 minute visual presentation available in DVD or VHS
- Bonus Resource CD containing a 10-Question Post Test and Study Points
- Available upon request 1 Free Site License per viewing address*
Learning Objective: To educate all staff on the mandatory infection prevention issues in a clear, easy-to-understand format
All staff must become aware of the causes of infection, how pathogens are spread, and the consequences of infection to patients, as well as infection prevention strategies
This concise, 17-minute program highlights all the mandatories, and encourages staff to develop habits that keep infection prevention top-of-mind.
Topics covered include:
- Healthcare-Associated Infections (HAIs)
- Multiple-Drug Resistant Organisms (MDROs)
- The Chain of Infection (how infections are acquired and pathogens spread)
- Standard Precautions, as outlined by the CDC including: Hand Hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection, Cleaning and Disinfection of Patient Care Devices and Equipment, Cough Etiquette/Respiratory Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens and Safe Injection Practices as required by OSHA
- Transmission-based Precautions, as outlined by the CDC including: Airborne Precautions and Tuberculosis, Droplet Precautions, Contact Precautions, and the Protective Environment
- Influenza and Hepatitis B Vaccination
Good Infection Prevention habits will save lives!
SAVE when you purchase this program along with Safety First: Safety Mandatories for Orientation as part of the General Orientation Package. Click here for more information!
Use this program for:
- New Employee Orientation
- Remedial/Risk Reduction Training
- General Staff Education