CE Accredited Programs
Construction in Healthcare
Critical Thinking Skills
End of Life Care
Operating Room Education
Patient and Family Education
Privacy and Confidentiality
Sedation and Anesthesia Care
Infection Prevention During Construction Package
Add to Cart
To preview online, please visit individual program pages. See links below.
"Ensuring a safe construction project in a healthcare environment requires detailed, proactive planning and diligent implementation of controls." - -Judene M. Bartley, MS, MPH, CIC
Judene M. Bartley, MS, MPH, CIC
Douglas S. Erickson, FASHE
Russell N. Olmstead, MPH, CIC
- 20 minute visual presentation for healthcare professionals available in DVD or VHS
- 8 minute visual presentation for construction personnel presented in English/Spanish on the same DVD or VHS
- Bonus Resource CD containing Infection Control Risk Assessment Tool and 10-Question post test
- Available upon request 1 Free Site License per viewing address*
Learning Objective: To train staff and construction personnel on the proper work practices necessary to prevent the transmission of potentially infectious materials during construction, renovation, repair or maintenance projects.
Building on the Plan: Infection Prevention for Construction Personnel
When a healthcare environment is disturbed during construction, pathogens can be released into the facility - with potentially devastating impact.
This program will help construction personnel achieve a better understanding of the infection prevention and safety issues surrounding a construction project so that they may follow all of the measures carefully for their safety, as well as the safety of hospital patients. Topics addressed include:
- Infectious organisms that may be found in the hospital setting, how they are transmitted and how to reduce the risk to patients
- HIPAA considerations
- Required regulatory safety and infection prevention measures
- Infection prevention practices and products to contain dust and debris
- Facility health protection requirements which may include health screenings or recommended immunizations
- Maintaining communication, including reporting problems
Part of the Plan: Infection Prevention for Healthcare Professionals During Construction, Renovation, Repair and Maintenance
When a healthcare environment is disturbed during construction, repairs, and even small maintenance projects, pathogens can be released into the facility - with potentially devastating impact.
This program will provide healthcare professionals detailed instructions for proactive planning and implementation of controls to increase awareness and ensure that infection prevention and control are part of the plan.
Topics covered in this program include:
- Performing a multidisciplinary Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) prior to planned activity for indoor or outdoor construction
- Implementing and monitoring mitigation recommendations/containment measures to prevent the spread of pathogens based on the project dust-generating activity, and patient risk group
- Proper protocols for entering and leaving a work area
- Environmental cleaning of the work site
- Education of construction personnel who will work at the facility
This program can be purchased individually. Click here for more details.
Use this program for:
- General Staff Orientation
- Remedial training
This program funded in-part through an unrestricted educational grant provided by